Formalate Latex Emulsion
Formalate Latex Emulsion, which is pre-vulcanized based on natural rubber, is an excellent choice for producing seamless tube shapes. Due to the low amount of ammonia added for preservation, this product is particularly suitable. To create a form, simply dip the original model into the liquid latex. After being drawn out, a thin layer of latex skin forms which must be allowed to dry. This process needs to be repeated several times depending on the size and scope of the form to be produced. After 4-5 dip cycles a sturdy and durable form is obtained. The finished latex form is highly accurate in imitation and has a long service life. Therefore, it's particularly suitable for pouring in ceramic casting agents, modelling plaster, woodstone, wax, pouring soap, polyester and polyurethane resins. Formalate latex emulsion is also suitable for other applications, such as for repair of rubber tires, production of shoe soles, floor mats, technical components and more.
- Color: ivory (liquid), ocher (cured)
- Odor: Ammoniac
- hardening time per dipping layer: 30-60 minutes
- solid substance content: 60,5%
- ammonia content: 0.3 min.
- density at 20°C: 0.95 g/cm3
- modulus (elongation 700%, MPa): 11-14
- tear strength: 800-950%
- tensile strength: 25-29 Mpa
- viscosity dynamic at 26°C: 120 max.
- pH value: 9.5-10.5
- shrinkage after coagulation: 7.8%
Tip: Book "Making Forms Yourself", Article 7909.
Matching article 7904 latex coagulant
Coating the model with the latex coagulant article 7904 improves the drying on glass or metal models.